About Art, Movement, and Life Skills Academy
The Health Hut has a sister organization soley dedicated to supporting development in youth, pre-teens, teenagers and adults. Our sister organization is named Art, Movement, and Life Skills Academy and serves students from the ages of 7-18 with enrichment programs that complement after-school/homeschool programs. We have two different session types: CreativeFlow and YouthEntrepreneur
Our CreativeFlow and YouthEntreprenuer classes are offered in four week increments one day weekly. Each session includes:
- Our CreativeFlow program,
- uses expressive arts to develop creativity and emotional depth;
- movement to develop strong nervous systems and physical and mental strength; and
- life skills to provide common-sense thinking exercises that enable students to make better informed choices about life events.
- This winning combination offers the supportive and nurturing environment that empowers young people to reach their full potential.
- OurYouthEntrepreneur program,
- explores the entrepreneurial mindset via engaging and immersive professional development experiences,
- encourages youth to create their own problem to solve, after which
- students create a product or service,
- analyze its market,
- refine it,
- price it and
- produce it
Areas of Focus in Classes
The Academy's founders, Dr. Lola Scarborough and Rachael Maly LPC/ATR, have long been involved in community work and work with children, teens, and adults. Our course for youth include:
- creative components,
- cognitive components,
- self-improvement components,
- decision-making components,
- positive body image and physical strength components,
- anxiety-coping components, and
- social skills training components.
Check Us Out
All our information is detailed on our website at https://www.amlsacademy.com. You can reach us by email at email@example.com or by phone at 832-849-8934. Our program works well as an afterschool and/or as a supplement to a homeschooling program. We look forward to hearing from you.
*Rachael Maly is a licensed professional counselor.